Pelvic traction is a type of treatment for certain low back disorders. Traction can be given in either supine or prone positions. This will be determined by the therapist and will be noted on the patient’s body chart.
Make sure the physical therapist has recommended how many pounds to use and whether the traction is intermittent or static.
- Separates spinal segments
- Stretches spinal musculature
- Relieves spinal nerve root compression
- Reduces muscle spas
- Blood flow effects
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc with protrusion
- Joint dysfunction of the low back